Thursday, January 14, 2010

Year of Balance - Negative Waves



"Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves" - Oddball from Kelley's Heroes.

Before I go on, I loved this character. I like odd characters in movies. I won Best Actor for Newport County two years running when I was a teen. I played quirky characters like Renfield in Seven Wives for Count Dracula and Ivan - Russian Count and Chauffeur who in reality was John Smith, Hollywood dress designer. I was always playing characters of some sort. When I was off in the service my mother called me twice, once to tell me to turn on the TV quick that I was on there. She was rolling, Mork and Mindy was on. The other time was when the A-Team premiered and she saw Murdoch. I kind of liked Murdoch myself.
Why do I share that? Well, that was how I was. back then. I was that character you saw in Mork and Mindy. I was Murdoch without the explosions, gun fights, and I don't fly. Other than that, I was kind of like those two characters only in real life. Over time, life just sort of beat me up and I lost that until I finally cracked under it all and had a breakdown. All of that negativity in my life just seemed to get absorbed. Stop with the negative waves all ready, Moriarty. But the waves didn't stop. In fact, It seems I just kept taking on more and more. Eventually, I could only see the negative and I finally broke down. It took five years of working with a good psychologist to get my head right. One of the things that came out of it was finding out what my spirituality was, or rather what it was not.
So began the journey that I continue today. I wasn't destined to be a priest, despite many people believing I should have been. That was their journey for me, but not mine. So off I began on an amazing journey of discovery. It would take many years before I would start to overcome all the "negative waves" or at least get them down to ripples. I still have some setbacks, but at least moving more towards positive waves. Hopefully, with the way I feel these days it can turn into a positive tsunami.
Now as I started my journey, I studied the Druids and other European spiritual paths. I forget which tradition, I think Norse, but they spoke of the web of life. Three sisters spun the web of life and what you put into it you got back thrice. So if you put out negative you got it back, thrice. Which explains why I spiraled down faster and faster. Though, as I started to learn more and more, I started to put some positive energy back into the web. It got to the point where I started to get brief moments of that old "Murdoch" back. As I continued down my path, it took a turn from simply a spiritual quest to learning indigenous healing ways from the European shamans, to the Aztec curandero, to the Inka Laika, Native American medicine, mountain herbal medicine, and even the healing drums of the Manianka of Mali. As I was learning all of this, I stumbled on my first book by Greg Braden and the blending of science and spirituality. After I read Lynn McTaggart's The Field, I found that our own CIA had programs that were utilizing psychic tools like remote viewing to spy on the Russians. All through my life, I was told all of this was nonsense, but here I read that our own government believed in it enough that they actually had programs to make use of it.
So all that I had learned so far on my journey that my logical, socialized mind had trouble wrapping itself around, now seemed plausible. Despite a very negative year last year, this year has found itself to be filled with hope and I am back reading and learning, and yes, even writing. Ripples. I have written about ripples in my last couple of blogs. We have an affect on others, locally, and even far away. So hopefully, all that I learn and give back, will inspire others to learn.
Leaders don't force people to follow—they invite them on a journey. - Charles S. Lauer
It has been a great journey so far. I feel a positive flow of energy coming this year. I am putting out that thought. So if the three sisters are listening, I could really use that back three fold. LOL.
So I am inviting you on a journey. If you are interested and want to learn, I have many book recommendations. There are also a couple of great movies if you are interested, What the Bleep Do We Know, that talks about Quantum Physics, and Elegant Universe that looks at String Theory.
Now before I sign off this time, I want to refer to the latter movie. Elegant Universe. In it, string theorist postulate that they believe there are close to fifteen dimensions. Recently, I have been hearing a lot of "chatter" about this new world that is coming. This world being referred to in Mayan Calendar talk, Hopi, Anishinabe, and other prophesies. They say that in the coming few years leading up to 2012 and the end of the Mayan calendar we will be seeing a shift of awareness and as we do, we will come to be aware of the fifth dimension. Ironic that, eh? It was the Fifth Dimension who sang, Age of Aguarius. An age that is also spoken of in astronomy circles. While Hollywood is latching on to the negative view of 2012, we must not get drawn in to that. This should not be a time of fearmongering, but rather a time of hope.
If the many prophesies and indigenous beliefs hold true, this should not be a time of foreboding, but a time of hope. Many of these prophesies speak not of the demise of man, but of a transition to a new world, one that brings harmony, balance, and abundance for all peoples.
So let's not buy into the Hollywood version of things. Do your own research. Learn, understand, and share. Most of all, get away from the negative waves, and ride a positive way. Because like the Beach Boys sang, "Catch a wave and your sitting on top of the world".
My heart to your heart, one heart, one spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment